Green Standards Week set for Madrid, 16-20 September 2013
Date: Wed, 09/04/2013 - 11:32
Focus on advancing smart sustainable cities
The Third ITU Green Standards Week is set to tackle an agenda featuring ‘Smart Sustainable Cities’, e-waste, mobile device eco-rating schemes, and climate monitoring and disaster warning using submarine communications networks.
The 2013 event is being organized by ITU and hosted by Telefónica in Madrid, Spain, 16-20 September 2013, with partners comprising the Basel Convention, CEDARE, UNEP, UNESCO-IOC, the United Nations University, and WMO along with sponsors such as Huawei and Fujitsu.
The event’s agenda includes a High Level Segment on Smart Sustainable Cities, the second meeting of the ITU-T Focus Group on Smart Sustainable Cities, 17 September, as well as the prize-giving for the Telefónica-supported 3rd ITU Green ICT Application Challenge, 18 September.
Green Standards Week is free of charge and open to all interested parties, also offering online ‘remote participation’.
• 16 September 2013: ITU, UNEP, UNU, CEDARE Forum on e-Waste
• 17 September 2013 (morning): Forum on Greening Mobile Devices: Building Eco-Rating Schemes
• 17 September 2013 (afternoon): 2nd Meeting of the Focus Group on Smart Sustainable Cities
• 18 September 2013: High Level Segment on Smart Sustainable Cities
• 19-20 September 2013 (morning): 3rd ITU/WMO/UNESCO-IOC Workshop on Propelling a Pilot Project on Green Cables
• 20 September 2013 (afternoon): Closed Meeting of the ITU/WMO/UNESCO-IOC Joint Task Force on Submarine Communications Networks For Climate Monitoring and Disaster Warning