GSMA announces additional keynote speakers for Mobile World Congress 2016
Date: Thu, 12/03/2015 - 12:29
CEOs of AT&T, BT, Cisco, Huawei, Roshan, Stripe, TeliaSonera, Vodafone and WPP Confirmed to Speak at Mobile World Congress
The GSMA announced the addition of several speakers for the 2016 GSMA Mobile World Congress keynote programme, including CEOs of leading companies in mobile and adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also provided further updates on events and partner programmes at Mobile World Congress. Mobile World Congress will be held 22-25 February 2016 at Fira Gran Via in Barcelona, with events also taking place at Fira Montjuïc.
“We have an outstanding line-up of chief executives confirmed for this year’s Mobile World Congress, including several who are first-time keynotes at Barcelona,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “This year’s speakers will share insights on a range of hot topics in mobile, from mobile identity to the Internet of Things, from digital inclusion to industry disruption, from network evolution to entertainment, among others."
The GSMA has added the following executives to the roster of keynote speakers at Mobile World Congress:
• Ralph de la Vega, President and CEO, AT&T Mobile & Business Solutions
• Gavin Patterson, CEO, BT Group
• Chuck Robbins, CEO, Cisco
• Guo Ping, Deputy Chairman and Rotating CEO, Huawei
• Karim Khoja, CEO, Roshan
• Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO, Stripe
• Johan Dennelind, President and CEO, TeliaSonera
• Vittorio Colao, Chief Executive, Vodafone
• Sir Martin Sorrell, Chief Executive, WPP
Previously announced keynote speakers include:
• Simon Segars, CEO, ARM
• Jonah Peretti, Founder and CEO, BuzzFeed
• Hans Vestberg, President and CEO, Ericsson
• Mats Granryd, Director General Designate, GSMA
• Dr. Nadia Shouraboura, Founder and CEO, Hointer
• Kate Unsworth, Founder and CEO, Kovert Designs
• Anne Bouverot, Chair and CEO, Morpho (Safran)
• Dan Schulman, President and CEO, PayPal
• Richard Fain, Chairman and CEO, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
• Anthony Lake, Executive Director, UNICEF
In addition to the keynotes, the conference will include nearly 50 in-depth track sessions over the course of the four-day event.
Above, image credited to the GSMA