MEF 2016 Excellence Awards for the Global Third Network & Carrier Ethernet community are open for entries
Date: Wed, 06/15/2016 - 08:53
MEF announces that entries for the MEF 2016 Excellence Awards recently opened and will close on 31 August 2016. This year’s Awards program recognizes service, application, technology, Proof of Concept, and professional excellence and innovation in the global Third Network and Carrier Ethernet community.
The 2016 Awards will be presented on 8 November at the MEF Excellence Awards Dinner as part of the MEF16 global networking conference held on 7-10 November 2016 at the Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel, Baltimore, MD, USA.
The MEF Excellence Awards program is the largest, longest-running in the world focused on Carrier Ethernet services and applications and is the first in the industry to spotlight leadership in agile, assured, and orchestrated Third Network services powered by CE 2.0, Lifecycle Service Orchestration (LSO), NFV, and SDN networking technologies.
Building on the popularity of the 2015 Awards, the MEF has expanded the 2016 Awards program to include 38 awards in 5 major categories, as follows:
• Enterprise Application Awards - jointly awarded to a service end-user and their service provider, these awards recognize the most innovative use of Carrier Ethernet / Third Network services to meet application requirements of particular industry verticals, including finance, health, education, government, sports/entertainment, media, and other sectors.
• Service Provider Awards – recognize leadership in the development and delivery of global, regional, retail, and wholesale Third Network / Carrier Ethernet services as well as excellence in service innovation, service orchestration, marketing, and network modernization.
• Third Network Proof of Concept Award – new for 2016, this Award recognizes the MEF16 Proof of Concept Demonstration that best showcases dynamic Third Network services delivered over automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks.
• Third Network Technology Solutions Awards - recognize excellence in CE 2.0, LSO, NFV, SDN, and multi-vendor technology solutions, consulting services, and thought leadership as well as the Third Network technology vendor of the year.
• Professional Awards - recognize individuals who exhibited professional excellence and advanced the work of the MEF and the development of Third Network solutions. The three Awards in these categories include Industry Executive of the Year, MEF Distinguished Fellow, and the MEF Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional (MEF-CECP) of the Year.
MEF Excellence Award winners will be voted upon by groups of top industry analysts and other qualified independent judges.
“The pace of communications service and technology innovation continues to accelerate worldwide, driven by exciting advances in the development and deployment of LSO, SDN, and NFV technologies, increased adoption of CE 2.0, and progression of open source initiatives,” said Kevin Vachon, COO, MEF. “The 2016 Excellence Awards program provides a unique opportunity to recognize industry leaders who are delivering leading-edge solutions optimized for the digital economy and the hyper-connected world. We look forward to celebrating their excellent work at MEF16.”
2016 Awards timeline:
• Open for submission: 7 June 2016
• Submission deadline: 31 August 2016
• Finalists announced: 27 September 2016
• Winners announced: 8 November 2016