Level 3 expands MEF 2.0 Carrier Ethernet services into Europe
Date: Wed, 03/30/2016 - 17:40
Kevin Vachon, Chief Operating Officer, MEF, at NetEvents EMEA Press & Analyst Summit, Rome
PHOTO / telecomkh.com
Level 3 Communications, Inc. announces the expansion of its Ethernet services product portfolio to 27 locations across Europe. Level 3's award-winning Ethernet platform powers flexible network solutions that offer the quality and assurance enterprises require to help meet today's business challenges and to adapt with evolving technologies such as virtualization or software-defined networking.
With Level 3 Ethernet solutions, enterprises can benefit from private connectivity, scalable bandwidth and custom configuration options ideal for secure, high-speed connections between corporate headquarters, public and private data centers and public, private and hybrid cloud environments.
• Level 3 Ethernet services are currently available in nearly 250 markets across North America and EMEA, of which 27 are located in EMEA with expansion to an additional 15 EMEA locations targeted for later this year
• This expansion marks the next step toward Level 3's goal of delivering a single, ubiquitous Ethernet platform across its global network and bolsters Level 3's global SDN deployment
• Vertical Systems Group (VSG) recently released an analysis of dynamic Ethernet connectivity services naming Level 3's Dynamic Capacity one of the top dynamic Ethernet services for retail customers
• Level 3 employs the greatest number of MEF CE Certified Professionals (MEF-CECP) of the nearly 220 MEF member companies around the world, according to the MEF Certification Registry
• At the 2015 MEF Ethernet Excellence Awards, Level 3 received more service-related awards than any other provider, taking home the top honors in 5 of 31 total awards, including: Retail Service Provider of the Year for the Global, North America and CALA regions, and Wholesale Provider of the Year in North America and CALA
• Level 3's next-generation metro Ethernet platform supports E-Line, E-Access and Cloud Service Provider (CSP) connectivity and is backed by service levels for latency and on-net availability of up to 99.999 percent
• Level 3 Adaptive Network Control Solutions with Dynamic Capacity can enable enterprises to scale their bandwidth up or down based on usage triggers, by scheduling or on an ad hoc basis, reducing service disruption, cumbersome paperwork or delays associated with traditional service changes
• Level 3's Ethernet solutions are available in point-to-point or point-to-multipoint configurations
Andrew Crouch, Regional President, EMEA and Global Accounts Management Division, Level 3 Communications, said: "The flexibility of Ethernet-based solutions appeals to today's global companies that rely on high-performance voice, video and data applications to meet market demands while achieving growth and operational efficiency. Expanding our award-winning Ethernet portfolio into these initial 27 European markets is another key investment in the region and a milestone for Level 3's pursuit of a single, ubiquitous network to support our customers."
Nan Chen, President of the MEF, said: "The MEF is focused on accelerating the industry transition to on-demand, orchestrated, and assured services delivered over more automated and interconnected networks. We appreciate Level 3's shared vision, its active participation in MEF initiatives, and its service innovation leadership that builds upon a certified CE 2.0 foundation and leverages new lifecycle service orchestration, software defined networking, and virtualization technologies."