Cisco launches first TelePresence room at Cisco headquarters in Venezuela
Date: Sun, 05/01/2011 - 13:28
Cisco launched the first Cisco TelePresence™ room in Venezuela, at the Cisco office in Caracas. The technology will help the company increase the productivity of its employees, speed decision-making, and reduce business travel costs. The advanced collaboration solution integrates spatial audio, life-size ultra-high-definition video and interactive elements to provide a face-to-face meeting experience live through the network.
Enrique Mareque, general manager, Cisco Venezuela, said: "In order to thrive in the current economy, it is necessary to collaborate with colleagues and customers worldwide in a timely way while also improving the quality of our relationships. The Cisco TelePresence solution facilitates collaboration to conduct business more effectively and enables benefits in productivity, travel reduction and savings."
• Through Cisco TelePresence technology, face-to-face meetings can be held without the need for travel. Making a simple call facilitates collaboration, productivity and decision-making.
• The Cisco TelePresence solution comprises 65-inch plasma screens at 1080p resolution, providing the participants with life-size video images of session participants. Three high-resolution cameras in each room show details of facial expressions and gestures on the other side of the "virtual table" in important meetings and negotiations.
• Cisco TelePresence has a high-quality spatial audio system and multiple inputs and outputs, all of which allow more realistic conversations.
• Participants in a Cisco TelePresence session can record high-quality video and use collaboration applications such as Cisco WebExTM.
• Participants can meet in up to 48 Cisco TelePresence rooms at the same time and gather for special events.
• Existing systems of standard-definition video conferencing can be easily integrated with Cisco TelePresence solutions.
• To date, the use of Cisco TelePresence has saved the company $800 million in travel expenses.