Motorola showcases solutions to accelerate the delivery of personalized media experiences at ANGA Cable 2009
Date: Tue, 05/26/2009 - 16:40
Motorola, Inc. is showcasing its latest technologies that enable the delivery of personal media experiences – to the home, in the home, and beyond the home. Its comprehensive portfolio demonstrates how cable operators can maintain a competitive edge by lowering operational costs while increasing customer retention and revenues.
Visitors to Motorola’s booth (E21) will experience the following:
• Delivering rich media experiences to the home the company’s new cable headend solution, developed specifically in response to the growing consumer demand for High Definition (HD) content, meets today’s requirements for more cost effective bandwidth optimization while providing flexibility for future growth
• The Motorola BSR 64000 cable modem termination system (CMTS) with CableLabs® DOCSIS® 3.0 bronze qualification, including new support for full redundancy and high-availability with the Motorola TX32 decoupled downstream module. Motorola announced today that Virgin Media has deployed the Motorola CMTS solution to enable the delivery of rich personalized media experiences to customers in the UK. Also on display will be further ultra-broadband technologies including passive optical network (PON), fiber deep solutions, and RF over Glass (RFOG)
• Motorola’s new B-3 video server, a solid-state edge server designed for smaller deployments and distributed streaming architectures. Demonstration highlights include live TV ingest, start-over TV, network PVR and targeted ad insertion
• ‘In the home’, the SURFboard® family of gateways as well as VDSL and cable modems and video set-tops will be on display. Telia Stofa is the latest company to deploy SB6120e SURFboard EuroDOCSIS 3.0 cable modems to provide ultra-broadband, high-bandwidth data and multimedia services to customers throughout Denmark
• Complementing the portfolio of CPE is Motorola’s NBBS DOCSIS (SNMP) remote device management software platform enabling cable operators to cost effectively remotely manage the increasingly complex home environment
• Extending reach beyond the home, Motorola will showcase its leading WiMAX solutions demonstrating live video streaming.
Motorola Beyond the Booth
Motorola’s annual ‘Meet the Experts Cable Clinic’ features at ANGA Cable 2009, offering customers the opportunity to drop-in and meet Motorola’s cable experts each day from 12.00 to 13.30 in conference room 5.
Motorola executives participating in the ANGA Cable 2009 Congress include:
• Joe Cozzolino, senior vice president and general manager, Motorola Home & Networks Mobility EMEA & Asia Pacific will participate in the Broadband Summit, in the session ‘Cable versus Wireless: Next Generation Competitors?’ on Wednesday 27, May at 10.00
• Floyd Wagoner, director global marketing and communications for Access Networks, Motorola Home & Networks Mobility will participate in the Technology Panel ‘Any Video to any Device in the Home – Future-proof HFC Networks fit for the surging Bandwidth Demand?’ on Wednesday 27, May at 14.45