MEF 2014 Ethernet Excellence Awards open for entries
Date: Thu, 07/10/2014 - 19:01
Expanded awards recognize innovation in services, technology, and professionals
The Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) announces that entries for the new MEF 2014 Ethernet Excellence Awards opened today and will close on 9 September 2014. This year’s Awards program recognizes service, technology, and professional excellence and innovation in the worldwide Carrier Ethernet community. The Awards will be presented at a special Ethernet Excellence Awards Dinner on 18 November as a focal point of the Global Ethernet Networking 2014 (GEN14) event that will be held during 17 - 20 November 2014 at the Gaylord National in Washington, DC.
Twenty-nine Awards will be presented in the following categories:
• Best Application of the Year in finance, health, education, government, media/sports/entertainment, and other verticals
• Best Service of the Year for global and regional markets
• Retail Service Provider of the Year for global and regional markets
• Wholesale Provider of the Year for global and regional markets
• Best Network Technology for service management/orchestration, scalability, innovation, and multi-vendor innovation
• Network Technology Provider of the Year
• Professionals of the Year, which include the Ethernet Person of the Year, the MEF Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional (MEF-CECP) of the Year, and the MEF Distinguished Fellow Award.
Award winners will be voted upon by groups of qualified independent judges, which will vary by award category. The Finalists will be publicly announced on 21 October, nearly one month before the Winners will be revealed on 18 November.
”Mass connectivity of people, organizations, and devices is the driving force in the global economy and the principal enabler of the shift toward the digital enterprise. State-of-the-art Carrier Ethernet 2.0 services and technologies like those recognized by the 2014 Ethernet Excellence Awards program play an indispensable role in accelerating communications-related business transformation,” said Kevin Vachon, MEF Chief Operating Officer. ”We are excited to spotlight not only corporate leadership in bringing new innovations to market, but also to recognize stand-out individuals for their extraordinary contributions to the advancement of the Carrier Ethernet industry.
Above, Kevin Vachon, MEF Chief Operating Officer
PHOTO / telecomkh.com