keywordsITU Telecom World 2013
ITU unveils forward-looking debate agenda for ITU Telecom World 2013
Date: Mon, 06/17/2013 - 20:08
Top-level ICT players harness industry change to drive success, address global challenges
In the space of just a few years, major advances in technology have seismically altered the way we communicate and even live our lives. Through a dynamic programme of conversation and debate, ITU Telecom World 2013, taking place in Bangkok from 19 to 22 November, will explore and demystify today’s fast-changing business landscape and examine the global potential of ICTs to transform lives.
Top-level participants from across the industry and globe include Omobola Johnson, Minister for Communications Technology, Nigeria; Madut Biar Yel Minister for Telecommunications & Postal services, South Sudan; Richard Beaird, Wiley Rein; Margit Brandl, Nokia Siemens Networks; Dean Bubley, Disruptive Analysis; Asok Chatterjee, DOSTI; Luis M. Correia, Technical University of Lisbon, INOV-INESC; John Davies, Intel; Jan Ellsberger, Ericsson; Rob Frieden, Pennsylvania State University; Chris Gabriel, Macquarie Capital; Tony Gray, TCCA Critical Communications Broadband Group; Latif Ladid, IPv6 Forum; Luis Lucatero, Comision Federal de Telecomunicaciones, Mexico; Thomas Magedanz, Fraunhofer FOKUS; Viktor Mayer-Schoenberger, Oxford Internet Institute; Peter Riedel, Rohde & Schwarz; Jaume Salvat, Aggaros; Rohan Samarajiva, LIRNEasia; and Thomas Welter, SFR and Mike Wright, Telstra.
Panel sessions will span key areas including:
• Riding the Data Wave: Techniques for dealing with the global “Data storm”
• Telco and OTT: Implications for telcos, regulators and governments
• Convergence of Regulation: Rethinking regulation in a converged environment
• How can World Citizens Ensure their Privacy in a Digital World?: Roles for government, business and international organizations, rights of global citizens
• From Voice to Data to Cloud: Transitioning the Telco Business Model: New business models for a cloud-centric world
• Telecoms Innovation is Going Over the Edge ... is it Time to Pivot?: How the industry can redefine and re-engage to reach broader tele-consumer, tele-enterprise needs
“A revolution is underway within the ICT industry, and it is fundamentally changing the ways we communicate, do business or use technology,” ITU Secretary-General Hamadoun I. Touré said. “As the leading platform for high-level debate, networking, knowledge sharing and innovation showcasing, ITU Telecom World 2013 will bring together key players from across private and public sectors to debate this critical agenda and pinpoint ways to bring about global change for the good of citizens everywhere.”
Interactive panel sessions plus a host of other sessions such as Ministerial and CEO round tables, Meet-a-leader, and sponsored workshops will convene leading global ICT players for the one conversation that matters on the future of the industry.