keywordsMobile Asia Congress 2011
Leading mobile executives to keynote at GSMA Mobile Asia Congress 2011
Date: Fri, 09/23/2011 - 10:41
The GSMA announced that CEOs and senior executives from companies including Alcatel-Lucent, China Mobile, Ericsson, SK Telecom and Telenor have been confirmed to deliver keynote presentations at the 2011 GSMA Mobile Asia Congress, which will be held 16-17 November at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
The company also announced new event sponsors and exhibitors, as well as new participants in App Planet, the award-winning developer-focused "event within an event".
The GSMA announced the following executives will be keynoting at Mobile Asia Congress:
• Rajeev Singh-Molares, President, Asia Pacific, Alcatel-Lucent
• Li Yue, President and CEO, China Mobile
• Ulf Ewaldsson, Vice President and Head of Product Area Radio, Ericsson
• Jinwoo So, President, Platform Business and Co-CEO, SK Telecom
• Jon Fredrik Baksaas, President and CEO, Telenor Group
Previously announced keynote speakers for Mobile Asia Congress include:
• Jamal Ibrahim, Managing Director, President and Group CEO, Axiata
• Sanjay Kapoor, CEO, Bharti Airtel
• Takashi Tanaka, President, KDDI
• Ryuji Yamada, President and CEO, NTT DOCOMO
• David Thodey, CEO, Telstra
• Shi Lirong, President, ZTE
In addition to the Mobile Asia Congress keynote programme, the conference will feature track sessions exploring a range of topics such as applications, devices, mobile advertising, mobile broadband, mobile health, mobile money, mobile network strategies and social networking, among others. Alongside the thought leadership conference, Mobile Asia Congress will also include an exhibition showcasing mobile technologies and solutions from leading players across the mobile ecosystem.
Focus on the Developer Community: App Planet at MAC
App Planet, an event within Mobile Asia Congress, presents a unique opportunity for the developer community to explore the many dimensions of the ever-changing and critically important mobile apps market. App Planet is designed to bring the major app influencers together in one location and will feature:
• App Zone - An app-focused exhibition area dedicated to the world of apps designed to showcase the latest technology from the fast-moving apps industry.
• App Bytes - A diverse, two-day sponsored programme featuring a number of "byte-sized" app-focused sessions aimed at the mobile application developer audience. App Bytes sessions will facilitate close engagement between the attending developers and the key players and platforms in the applications market.
China Mobile is the Platinum Event Sponsor for Mobile Asia Congress and will host a full-day App Bytes session. China Mobile will also have significant presence in the exhibition, as will other leading players in the Asian mobile market, including ZTE.