Visa showcases connected commerce at Mobile World Congress 2015
Date: Wed, 02/11/2015 - 12:58
“Everywhere you want to be” is taking on new meaning for Visa as the global transition from plastic to digital payments accelerates, driven in large part by mobile connectivity. At Mobile World Congress next month (March 2-5, Hall 6, stand D40) in Barcelona, Spain, Visa will unveil its latest mobile payment services and demonstrate how a world connected by commerce – far beyond just phones and tablets – is transforming the way people shop, pay and get paid.
The company will host a number of events and product showcases throughout the week:
• Keynote: Visa President, Ryan McInerney, will take the Mobile World Congress keynote stage in a fireside chat with David Kirkpatrick, CEO of Techonomy, on Wednesday, March 4 at 11:15 a.m. CET. The session will focus on the seamless new ways that digital payments are being woven into daily experiences.
• Visa Press Briefing: Visa, alongside several major partners, will host a press briefing in its booth on Monday, March 2, 4:00-5:00 p.m. CET, Hall 6 - stand D40.
• Product Demos: Visa will demonstrate a range of products that showcase what secure, connected commerce experiences look like for the car, living room, retail spaces, and beyond.
• Mobile Retail Panel: Michele Janes, Vice President of Digital Solutions, Visa, will participate on a panel discussion titled, “Mobile Retail: Delivering Contextual Experiences to Drive Loyalty and Spend.” The session will take place on Tuesday, March 3, 4:00-5:30 p.m. CET.
• Seminars: In its booth, Visa will host 10-minute seminars on the trending topics of eCommerce/mCommerce, Tokenization, Visa Ready, Apple Pay and HCE: Mobile Payments for Android. Visit the Visa booth to obtain the daily seminar schedule.