keywordsMobile World Congress 2014
GSMA announces latest keynote speakers for Mobile World Congress 2014
Date: Tue, 12/17/2013 - 13:33
IBM Chairman, President and CEO Virginia Rometty to deliver Mobile World Live keynote
The GSMA announced that leaders from companies across the mobile ecosystem, including AT&T, IBM, Isis, Raspberry Pi Foundation and Viacom will be delivering keynote presentations at the 2014 Mobile World Congress, taking place 24-27 February 2014 at Fira Gran Via in Barcelona. The GSMA also announced new details for the Connected City at Mobile World Congress, as well as new partners for Featured Programmes.
“The wide range of companies represented in the Mobile World Congress keynote programme is reflective of just how broad the impact of mobile is in our everyday lives,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “We have a stellar line-up of CEOs set to take the stage in Barcelona in February, offering attendees new insights and perspectives into the developments that are shaping our industry.”
IBM to Headline in Mobile World Live Keynote
The GSMA announced that Virginia M. Rometty, Chairman, President and CEO of IBM will be presenting in a Mobile World Live keynote session taking place from 18:00-18:45 on Wednesday, 26th February. In addition to the live audience at the Conference Village in Fira Gran Via, the Mobile World Live keynotes will be streamed live across the venue and to hundreds of thousands of viewers globally via the Mobile World Live portal.
In addition to Mrs. Rometty, the GSMA announced several other CEOs who will be participating in the keynote programme at Mobile World Congress, including:
• Randall Stephenson, Chairman and CEO, AT&T
• Michael Abbott, CEO, Isis
• Lance Howarth, CEO, Raspberry Pi Foundation
• Robert Bakish, President and CEO, Viacom International Media Networks
These leaders join previously announced keynote speakers:
• Michel Combes, CEO, Alcatel-Lucent
• Daniel Hajj, CEO, América Móvil
• Jon Matonis, Executive Director and Board Member, Bitcoin Foundation
• John Chambers, Chairman and CEO, Cisco
• Michael Corbat, CEO, Citigroup
• Joseph Tucci, Chairman and CEO, EMC Corporation
• Anne Bouverot, Director General, GSMA
• Jahangir Mohammed, Founder and CEO, Jasper Wireless
• Sirgoo Lee, Co-CEO, Kakao Corp.
• Tadashi Onodera, Chairman, KDDI
• John Hering, Co-Founder and CEO, Lookout
• Hans-Holger Albrecht, President and CEO, Millicom
• Kaoru Kato, President and CEO, NTT DOCOMO
• Rich Riley, CEO, Shazam Entertainment
• Michelle Gallen, CEO, Shhmooze
• Jinwoo So, President and CEO, SK Planet
• Mats Granryd, President and CEO, Tele2 Group
• Jon Fredrik Baksaas, President and CEO, Telenor Group and Chairman, GSMA
• Jan Koum, Co-Founder and CEO, WhatsApp
Showcasing Connected Living at Mobile World Congress
A highlight of the Mobile World Congress exhibition is the GSMA Connected City – now in its second year – a real-world urban environment with mobile-connected products and services that demonstrate how mobile technology is improving people’s daily lives across automotive, education, health, homes, retail and other applications. The GSMA is presenting the Connected City in conjunction with AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, KT Corp. and Vodafone, along with companies across the ecosystem including Accenture, Ericsson, General Motors, Huawei, Samsung and Synchronoss Technologies.
New Additions to Featured Programmes
The roster of Featured Programmes at Mobile World Congress continues to grow with the addition of Dolby, who will hold a half-day Partner Event on Tuesday, 25th February. In addition, Mobile World Capital Barcelona will present “4 Years from Now”, a mobile entrepreneurship and innovation event focused on building mobile ideas and start-ups. The programme, which will be held 24th through 26th February at the Fira Montjuïc venue, will feature conference sessions, workshops, pitches and expert meetings.
Back for a seventh year, WIPJam, presented by Wireless Industry Partnership and the GSMA, will host a four-day DEVCON and HACKATHON from 24th through 26th February at Fira Montjuïc and on 27th February at Fira Gran Via.
Above, Cesar Alierta, CEO, Telefónica, at MWC 2013
Image credited to GSMA