keywordsNFC World Congress 2011
NFC World Congress 2011: Key players are already there!
Date: Sat, 06/04/2011 - 15:39
2500 international visitors and delegates are expected at NFC World Congress
2011, the year of NFC? The answer is definitely 'yes' also for NFC World Congress. Combining a 1000 sqm exhibition and a 2.5 day high level conference, the Congress is the first truly international exhibition and conference dedicated to NFC business.
Key stakeholders of the NFC ecosystem are already there to support the Congress. Along the Official Sponsor Mastercard Worldwide, Gemalto, Samsung and Visa have already chosen to become Platinum Sponsors, INSIDE Secure and Oberthur Technologies Gold Sponsors, Airtag, Clear2Pay and FIME Silver Sponsors, in addition to Ericsson and Stollman with other forms of sponsorship.
The preliminary list of exhibitors already features 12 NFC players: Airtag, Clear2Pay, COMPRION, Evolute Systems, FIME, Gemalto, INSIDE Secure, Mastercard, Oberthur Technologies, Samsung, Trusted Logic, Visa. Attendance can also be expected high as the Free Visitor Pass has already met with success.
Conference Program highlights unveiled
The 2.5 day conference program will be available by the end of May. Presentations proposals are currently evaluated by the Program Committee composed of 25 leading figures of NFC (members list available at: www.nfcworldcongress.com/program-committee). It appears that a record number of presentations proposals have been received, confirming the whole NFC value chain is eager to build now successful business models and ecosystem!
Some highlights of the program can be unveiled:
- The plenary Opening Session on September 19 afternoon will feature prominent keynotes from main NFC players and will cover the "NFC revolution" major achievements. In a second part, a panel debate will address the ecosystem building remaining issues with here again a prestigious line up of debaters...
- A special "Contactless World Cities" session is also planned. It will feature the Helsinki, London, Nice, Seoul, Singapore, Tokyo's NFC projects representatives...
- The nearby "NFC City" of Nice will also play a great part in the Congress by offering an exceptional real life demo of various NFC services already implemented...
Quick facts about the Congress:
• Exhibition: 1000 sqm, 30 exhibitors, 2500 visitors from 45+ countries
• Conference: 250 delegates, 40 speakers, 4 half-days
• Co-located with Smart Event, The Innovation Forum for Mobility and Trusted Technologies & Services - www.smart-event.eu
It will take place on September 19, 20 and 21, in the French Riviera, nearby Nice - one of the most advanced NFC cities - in the #1 Science Park in Europe: Sophia Antipolis.
Conference Program Committee members include senior executives from Accenture, Caixa Bank, Capgemini, Contactless Mobile Services Forum, GSMA, ETSI, IBM, GlobalPlatform, Eurosmart, Gemalto, Telecom Italia, Mobey Forum, Orange, RIM, Samsung, Smart Card Alliance, Veolia Transport, Visa.