Hibernia Networks upgrades trans-atlantic subsea link with Ciena
Date: Wed, 05/21/2014 - 20:40
Bjarni Thorvardarson, CEO, Hibernia Networks
Image credited to Hibernia Networks
• Hibernia Networks is a diverse high-bandwidth connectivity provider with a rich suite of services including IP transit, CDN, carrier Ethernet, Spectrum and others. Its network provides service to global investment banks, content delivery networks (CDN), broadcasters, cloud services, enterprises, international PTTs and ISPs. Hibernia also provides low-latency routes to 31 different financial exchanges around the globe through its Global Financial Network (GFN).
• Hibernia Networks owns and operates a global network connecting North America, Europe and Asia. Hibernia offers over 200 network Points of Presence (PoPs) in 89 markets and 25 countries.
• Hibernia will deploy Ciena’s GeoMesh submarine solution, including the 6500 Packet-Optical Platform, WaveLogic coherent optics and full ROADM. Together, these components lay the foundation for an OPⁿ® network architecture that will enable Hibernia to scale and react quickly to address changing trans-Atlantic traffic patterns.
• Hibernia will also leverage Ciena’s OneConnect Intelligent Control Plane platform, which provides seamless end-to-end service provisioning and creation. This added level of control will allow Hibernia to rapidly offer services, all with simple and efficient back-end workflows.
• As a new member of Ciena’s BizConnect partner program, Hibernia is working with Ciena to jointly develop new sales opportunities, particularly with government, education and other public-sector customers.
“We look forward to growing our relationship with Ciena as our customers evolve their connectivity needs in support of their own global web-scale approaches to infrastructure virtualization through solutions like CDN, IP Ethernet and 100G.”, said Matt Johnson, SVP Product & Strategy at Hibernia Networks.
“Driven by a need to get increased value from their existing assets, submarine cable operators continue to turn to Ciena for flexible and programmable trans-oceanic GeoMesh networking capabilities. This scalable and intelligent network architecture will position Hibernia to generate new revenue streams by quickly and easily introducing new services.”, said Ed McCormack, Vice President and General Manager of Submarine Systems at Ciena.