Fire and rescue services to meet at the Critical Communications Congress 2009
Date: Thu, 03/19/2009 - 12:34
Mission critical communications users from around the world, including members of fire and rescue services, will meet in Munich for the new Critical Communications Congress 26th – 28th May
The Congress is a new conference and exhibition providing answers to the challenges faced by mission critical mobile communications users.
As part of one on the largest gatherings of emergency and mission critical communications representatives, the Congress offers delegates a chance to meet with over 2500 colleagues from around the world, get answers to their questions and see the latest developments in solutions and applications
Developing solutions for mission critical users
The Congress focuses on enhancing the resilience, flexibility and effectiveness of mission critical communications. Key topics include:
- Achieving multi-agency interoperability
- Deploying mobile broadband solutions and applications
- Incident management and emergency response
- Using public and IP networks for critical communications
- Developing communications plans for emergency preparedness
The programme will provide case study feedback along with expert analysis of the latest developments in mission critical communications. The agenda features speakers from organisations such as:
- Government, including: US Department for Homeland Security; UK Civil Contingency Secretariat; Austrian Federal Ministry of the Interior; Swiss Federal Office for Civil Protection; Finnish Ministry of the Interior
- Critical communications users including representatives from: emergency services; oil and gas; engineering; police investigation groups; Nato
- Specialised network operators including Beijing JustTop Network
- Research and development agencies including: German Aerospace Centre; Munich University of the Armed Forces; Portuguese Instituto Telecomunicações
- Supporting organisations including Forum for Public Safety Communication Europe and the International Association of Emergency Managers
The innovative programme format means that the delegates can get fully involved with the event. Delegates can determine the discussion and content of the programme by sending us the questions that they want to hear answers to.
Co-located with the TETRA World Congress
The Critical Communications Congress will be held along side the TETRA World Congress. Produced by IIR Conferences in association with the TETRA Association, the TETRA World Congress is the world’s largest conference and exhibition dedicated to using and developing the TETRA standard.
The events will share a combined exhibition and networking opportunities giving delegates access to all the benefits of one of the world’s largest gatherings of mission critical mobile communication users and developers.
Delegates at the Critical Communications Congress will benefit from the great features of the wider event, including the opportunity to:
- meet with over 2500 mission critical communications users and developers
- visit one of the largest exhibitions of mission critical mobile communications solutions
- hear interviews with leading figures from the world of mission critical communications
- enjoy a wide range of social events
- upgrade to a gold pass allowing access to all conference sessions in the combined event