Motorola Solutions lays the foundation for safer cities
Date: Wed, 05/20/2015 - 18:46
Motorola Solutions at Critical Communications World 2015
PHOTO / telecomkh.com
Motorola Solutions unveils an innovative technology ecosystem of devices, software and services that is creating an intelligence-led future for public safety at Critical Communications World 2015.
“The growth of data and the introduction of analytics to organize that data is driving the global trend in public safety and other mission-critical organizations towards increasingly sophisticated intelligence-led operations,” said Manuel Torres, senior vice president and general manager, Europe, Africa, Latin America and Caribbean region, Motorola Solutions. “Smart data gathering, analysis and interpretation enable not only the shortening of response times, but also the potential to actually change the very nature of the incident itself. Instead of reacting, we can begin to predict and then prevent, so that our cities become safer places to live, work and thrive.”
According to Frost & Sullivan, more than 60 percent of the world population is expected to live in urban cities by 2025, and rapid generation of digital information will need to be measured in zettabytes (each equivalent to a billion terabytes). As a result, ”Big Data” and urbanization demonstrate the rapidly approaching need to transition from relying on mission-critical communications to more comprehensive mission-critical intelligence.
Motorola Solutions is developing innovative ways to take this vast volume of data – including photos, video, social media, sensor networks and more - and transform it into real-time intelligence that gives public safety and mission-critical commercial organizations a new advantage. The application of smart analytics that enhance the value of data from sensors and generate intelligence led response, and the creation of a seamless collaborative environment that connects people, allow access to the right information at the right time, independent of device or network.
This transformation of mission-critical communications can be experienced first-hand at Critical Communications World 2015 where Motorola Solutions is showcasing:
• Turning data into intelligence: Extracting data to create actionable information for effective and proactive incident management with a smart analytics platform and the Motorola Real-Time Intelligence Client, a single, intuitive interface.
• Seamless collaboration: Regardless of the type of end user device or network, vital intelligence is placed into the hands of the right person at the right time with WAVE Work Group Communications, a dynamic, collaborative communications environment.
• Shortened response time: Fast, precise and effective Emergency Response demands real-time situational awareness. Motorola Solutions seamlessly brings together Terrestrial Trunked Radios (TETRA), LEX LTE mission critical devices, with the Intelligent Data Portal and solutions from venture partners such as CyPhy Works’ PARC unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV).
• The evolution and transformation of networks: The Dimetra IP 8.X system platform provides enhanced security, increased capacity, TETRA Enhanced Data Service (TEDS) and unified application services for TETRA and Public Safety LTE networks. With a full range of Services forEnd-to-End Systems TETRA customers can offload the operational risk, cost and management responsibilities while improving system performance.
At Critical Communications World 2015 Motorola Solutions also announces:
• A complete redesign of safe radios with the launch of the MTP8500Ex and MTP8550Ex TETRA ATEX delivering loud and clear communications with the best coverage under the most extreme working conditions.
• The launch of the rugged LEX 10 LTE handheld with Public Safety Experience (PSX) interface and applications tailored for mission critical roles in the European and African market.