Tektronix showcases new and enhanced products at IBC2009
Date: Mon, 09/07/2009 - 17:51
Tektronix, Inc., a leading, worldwide provider of test, measurement and monitoring instrumentation, announced that the company will feature an extensive range of new and enhanced products and solutions at IBC2009, September 11th – 15th (Hall 8, Stand C75). Tektronix will showcase solutions across its portfolio from SD / HD to 3G-SDI, MPEG and next generation compression technologies including analysis tools for file-based content.
“In today’s challenging and competitive environment, high operational efficiency and rapid time-to-market is crucial for maintaining a competitive advantage,” said Arif Kareem, Vice President, Video Products at Tektronix. “The products and solutions on display on the Tektronix stand at IBC2009 have been designed to help engineers and video service providers to meet these challenges.”
Highlights on the Tektronix stand this year include:
• WFM5000 / WVR5000 and WFM7120 / WVR7120 waveform monitors and rasterizers, featuring significant enhancements which offer a range of new capabilities included in the latest release of firmware. The WFM7120 and WVR7120 units now support teletext decode and display of unique language subtitling on independent picture displays as well as black picture and patented frozen picture detection. New Dolby E Guard Band monitoring provides user selectable thresholds and an intuitive bar meter display, which further strengthens the most comprehensive Dolby monitoring capability available in a waveform monitor.
• The award-winning PQA500 Picture Quality Analyzer with new features which allow users to perform simultaneous 2 channel generation and capture of SDI video, enabling evaluation and troubleshooting of broadcast operations infrastructure. Additional PQA500 feature enhancements include improved automatic temporal / spatial alignment execution with Freeze / Skip detection for consumer electronics design applications, and new 10 bit generation and capture capability which allows for improved design verification and compliance testing applications.
• The MTM400A Transport Stream Monitor with FlexVuPlusTM user interface, which leverages the deep measurement capabilities of the MTM platform to deliver greatly simplified DTV monitoring and diagnostics. The MTM400A with FlexVuPlus provides a configurable common user interface for both network monitoring and diagnostics, improving communication handover between operator and engineer. Additional features include a “monitoring by exception” learning mode, video and audio backhaul monitoring, and the ability to monitor MDI and essential MPEG measurements across 500 IP sessions.
• Cerify® SW, a PC-based tool for automated QC of file-based content which is perfectly suited to post-production houses and smaller broadcasters. Cerify® SW supports all of the formats and standards supported by Cerify®, and facilitates third-party integration using the CeriTalk API.
• TG700 modular multi-format precision video signal generator, which offers great flexibility for customers to choose precisely the output signal types they need. Two modules will be showcased at IBC 2009: GPS for timing and synchronization, and Single Link 3G-SDI, which now supports over 300 signal formats for 3G-SDI.
Cerify Developer Community welcomes seven new members
Tektronix has recently welcomed seven new members to the Cerify Developer Community: Broadcast Solutions s.r.l., Cambridge Research Systems Ltd, Inlet Technologies Inc., MANTRICS s.r.l., United Broadcast Facilities, Root 6 Ltd and Media Portal. The new members bring to the CDC a diverse range of expertise and experience – from workflow production management to systems integration – and will add further strength to the community which aims topromote the use of automated quality control of file-based video by making Cerify integration, installation and support easier and faster for partners and customers.
Cerify Developer Community reception
Tektronix also announced that it will be holding a Cerify Developer Community reception at its stand on Saturday 12th September from 17:30 – 19:00. The Cerify Developer Community (CDC) includes system integrators, automation system vendors, asset management system vendors, video server providers and other third parties, who are able to integrate, install and support the Tektronix Cerify systems. The CDC reception at IBCwill give guests the opportunity to engage with CDC members and Cerify experts in an informal setting.
“Talk Nerdy to Me” press event
Tektronix will be participating in the “Talk Nerdy to Me” press event at IBC2009, where Winfried Schultz, EMEA Video Marketing Manager, will present Tektronix’ news and provide an overview of industry trends. The “Talk Nerdy to Me” press event, which is run by Bubble & Squeak, will be held on Friday 11th September, at13:00, Room T.