Tatung Infocomm selects Bridgewater for WiMAX
Date: Wed, 04/29/2009 - 16:34
Bridgewater Systems, the mobile personalization company, announced that Tatung Infocomm, a provider of mobile WiMAX services in Taiwan, is deploying the Bridgewater® Service Controller and Policy Controller, both anchored by Bridgewater's Subscriber Data Broker™, to deliver high speed mobile Internet services to consumers and enterprises
Tatung Infocomm is deploying Bridgewater's market leading WiMAX™ solutions in the southern region of Taiwan to deliver Voice over IP, broadband Internet access, enterprise applications, mobile VPN banking and special access services for government, police and security organizations. The company plans to launch live services in major cities such as Kaohsiung city beginning in the third quarter of 2009, with complete coverage across the southern region by 2011.
Bridgewater's WiMAX solutions enables operators to:
- Rapidly deliver services and reduce costs through over-the-air provisioning of subscribers, devices, and on-demand service models.
- Deliver innovative, personalized services including casual usage based on time or volume, prepaid services, and family or enterprise plans that access the network from a common account with flexible features like only allowing a subset of subscribers to be active at any point in time.
- Meet regulatory requirements such as Lawful Intercept.
- The market leading Bridgewater Service Controller authorizes and authenticates subscribers and provides critical accounting functions.
It is fully compliant with the WiMAX Network Working Group Stage 3 specification.
- The Bridgewater Policy Controller is a policy decision function that provides real-time network, application and subscriber policies to personalize services and manage mobile data growth. The Policy
Controller's dynamic session management capability lets operators like Tatung deliver group plans that allow a set number of concurrent sessions for a particular account in real-time. Once this set number is reached, the operator can either reprioritize devices to add a new session or deny new sessions.
- Bridgewater's Subscriber Data Broker is a sophisticated subscriber data management product that unifies subscriber information including service entitlements, devices, networks, billing profiles, preferences and context, and provides the tools to broker this data to systems and applications.
"We selected Bridgewater Systems because of their proven product capability and market leadership in service and policy control. Bridgewater was unique in their ability to offer revenue generating service plans such as casual usage, group plans on one account, and on-demand WiMAX services. We look forward to continuing to deploy Bridgewater as we scale our network and services throughout Taiwan”, said Peter Yen, President, Tatung InfoComm
"We are delighted that Tatung is deploying Bridgewater's WiMAX solutions to bring mobile broadband and voice over IP services to consumers and enterprises in Taiwan. Bridgewater is the pre-eminent leader in WiMAX solutions with over 25 WiMAX operators worldwide deploying our products to deliver personalized mobile services rapidly and cost effectively”, said David Sharpley, Senior Vice President, Bridgewater Systems.